KYDEX® 5555HI is a low heat release sheet that exceeds low heat release requirements for aviation interiors. This proprietary, high performance thermoplastic sheet with integral colour is specifically engineered to improve aircraft passenger safety. This product family also includes KYDEX® 5555.
KYDEX® 5555HI is designed to provide material deformation when used in components subjected to HIC (Head Injury Criterion) testing for increased passenger safety. It exceeds the flammability and smoke development requirements outlined in Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR) 25.853 paragraphs (a) and (d). KYDEX® 5555HI exceeds a 55/55 heat release level and 150 smoke development that allows the product to be used as a stand-alone material or within bonded build-up constructions
- Improved impact properties over traditional thermoplastics for HIC compliance seating requirements
- Reduces cost of compliance by decreasing the total number of expensive and time consuming 16g tests required
- Increases design freedom to create more complex seat geometries
- Decreases weight by eliminating the need for heavy reinforcements or thick gauges
- Exceeds the stringent requirements of FAR 25.853 paragraphs (a) and (d) in all thicknesses and colours, which allows for bonded build-up constructions