KYDEX® 6565 Products
KYDEX® 6565HI is a high performance, thermoplastic sheet specifically formulated to meet low heat release requirements for aviation interiors. It is designed for use in aviation interior applications where smoke and ABD0031 or BSS7239 toxicity compliance are required. This product family also includes KYDEX® 6565.
KYDEX® 6565HI was designed to provide material deformation when used in components subjected to the HIC test (Head Injury Criterion) — increasing passenger safety. It meets flammability and smoke development requirements outlined in Federal Aviation Regulations 25.853 paragraphs (a) and (d).
- Improved impact properties over traditional thermoplastics for HIC compliance seating requirements
- Reduce cost of compliance by decreasing the total number of expensive and time consuming 16g tests required.
- Increase design freedom to create more complex seat geometries.
- Decrease weight by eliminating the need for heavy reinforcements or thick gauges.
- Meets the stringent requirements of FAR 25.853 paragraph (d) in all thicknesses and colours
- Excellent formability and fabrication characteristics