High performance, thermoplastic sheet specifically formulated to meet low heat release requirements for aviation interiors.
KYDEX® 5555HI is a proprietary, high performance thermoplastic sheet with integral colour specifically engineered to improve aircraft passenger safety.
- Aircraft Interiors
Improved impact properties over traditional thermoplastics for HIC compliance seating requirements
- Reduces cost of compliance by decreasing the total number of expensive and time consuming 16g tests required
- Increases design freedom to create more complex seat geometries
- Decreases weight by eliminating the need for heavy reinforcements or thick gauges
- Exceeds the stringent requirements of FAR 25.853 paragraphs (a) and (d) in all thicknesses and colours, which allows for bonded build-up constructions
- Excellent formability and fabrication characteristics
- Processes similar to KYDEX® 5555
- Allows for tight tolerance control
- Available in a wide range of integral colours