SEKISUI KYDEX, LLC STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PURCHASE
1. GENERAL. This Purchase Order is an offer by SEKISUI KYDEX, LLC (“Buyer”) to the seller listed on the accompanying Purchase Order (“Seller”) and acceptance is limited to its provisions without additions, deletions, or other modifications. Buyer will not be responsible for goods or services delivered without issuance of its Standard Purchase Order.
2. ACCEPTANCE. This Purchase Order may be accepted by delivering the goods or services by the specified delivery date. This Purchase Order is limited to the terms and conditions: (i) specified herein; (ii) specified on the face of the accompanying Purchase Order; and (iii) if appliable, specified in Buyer’s written agreement with Seller.
Acceptance of all or part of the goods or services shall not (i) waive Buyer’s right to cancel or return all or any portion of the goods or services that do not conform to the Purchase Order; (ii) bind Buyer to accept future shipments of goods or services; or (iii) preclude Buyer from making any claim for damages or breach of warranty. All purchases subject to inspection and rejection by Buyer notwithstanding prior payment. Rejected goods will be returned at Seller’s expense for transportation both ways and all related labor and packing costs. No goods returned as defective by Buyer shall be replaced by Seller without written permission of an authorized agent of Buyer.
Buyer may at any time, by written order, make changes within the general scope of this Purchase Order in any one or more of the following: (i) drawings, designs, or specifications; (ii) method of shipment or packing; and (iii) place of delivery. If any such change causes an increase or decrease in the cost of, or the time required for, the performance of this Purchase Order, Seller may request an adjustment in the price or delivery schedule, or both, and the Purchase Order shall be modified in writing accordingly upon agreement by the parties.
3. PRICE. The price for goods and services ordered hereby shall be the lower of: (i) the price stated on the accompanying Purchase Order or (ii) the same price charged by Seller to its most favored customers at the time of shipment of goods or provision of services of the same kind and quality considering quantity discounts. Price is inclusive of applicable taxes, freight, all packaging and handling, transportation, and insurance unless explicitly indicated on the face of this Purchase Order or agreed to in writing by Buyer.
4. TAXES. Any tax, tariff or duty which is imposed upon Seller by any governmental authority and included by the Seller in the price shall be separately stated on Seller’s invoice(s).
5. DELIVERY. Unless designated otherwise: (i) For Domestic Orders: all deliveries are F.O.B. Destination to the location designated on this Purchase Order and (ii) For International Orders: all deliveries are Delivered Duty Paid as defined by Incoterms from time to time. For both domestic and international orders, all risk of loss shall remain with Seller until goods and services have been received and accepted by Buyer at the applicable destination according to the terms and conditions of this Purchase Order. The goods or services ordered must be received no later than the delivery date specified.
6. QUANTITIES. Quantities of goods or services ordered may not be changed without the prior written approval of Buyer. If the total or any portion of the goods received either exceeds or falls below quantities ordered, Buyer shall have the right to reject and return any such shipments or portions thereof at Seller’s expense for transportation both ways and all related labor and packing costs. This clause excludes industry standards.
7. PACKAGING AND SHIPPING. All shipping containers shall be packed and packaged to: (i) ensure safe arrival to final destination; (ii) secure the lowest transportation costs; (iii) comply with requirements of common carriers; (iv) meet Buyer’s written instructions; and (v) meet the requirements of all applicable laws, ordinances, rules and regulations. Each package or container shall be marked clearly to show this Purchase Order number, ship date, and name of consignee and consigner. An itemized packing list shall be included in each container along with any quality certification required and properly specified in accompanying Purchase Order.
8. INVOICES. Seller shall issue a separate invoice for each separate shipment. Each invoice shall include: (i) the Purchase Order number; (ii) Buyer's part numbers; and (iii) quantities shipped. Undisputed amounts shall be paid within 30 days of receipt and acceptance of goods or services and a correct invoice or any other payment agreement in the face of the accompanying Purchase Order. Delays in receipt of goods or services, acceptance of goods or services, or a correct invoice will be just cause for Buyer to withhold payment without losing discount privileges. Cash discounts, if any, shall be computed as commencing with receipt of the invoice or goods or services, whichever is later.
9. WARRANTIES. Seller warrants that the goods or services delivered, the packaging, labeling and sorting thereof, any installation, repair, and maintenance of goods, and any other performance pursuant to this Purchase Order, will: (i) be free of infringement of property rights of third parties, including without limitation, any patent, trademark, trade name, copyright or right of publicity, or misappropriate any trade secret or violate any license or any other rights; (ii) be free from defects in material and workmanship, be of even kind and quality and run without variation; (iii) be of merchantable quality; (iv) be fit for the intended use of the Buyer, Buyer's customers and any other intended uses of such goods and shall be new and not refurbished; and (v) be of grade and performance in conformity with all specifications, blueprints, designs, drawings, samples, models, descriptions, instructions, and other items referred to in this Purchase Order. Seller also warrants that the goods or services to be delivered hereunder were produced in compliance with all applicable requirements of the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 as amended, including specifically Sections 206, 207, 212 and 215, and all regulations and orders of the U.S. Department of Labor issued under Section 14 thereof. Seller shall maintain, solely at Seller's cost and expense, all licenses, permits, approvals, and the like necessary to conduct its business and perform its obligations under this Purchase Order.
Upon request of Buyer, Seller shall determine whether any Products contain tin, tantalum, tungsten, gold, or any other material that is designated under applicable rules of the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC") as a "conflict mineral." If no Product contains one or more conflict minerals that are necessary to the functionality or production of such Product within the meaning of applicable SEC rules and interpretations, Seller shall, upon request, certify to Buyer that none of the Products contains such conflict minerals. If any Product contains one or more such conflict minerals, Seller shall certify to Buyer the country of origin of any such conflict mineral or that the conflict mineral came from recycled or scrap sources within the meaning of those terms under applicable SEC rules. If Seller is unable to identify the country of origin, and the conflict mineral(s) in question did not come from recycled or scrap sources, Seller shall in good faith conduct an inquiry of its relevant suppliers as to the country of origin of such conflict minerals, and such inquiry shall comply with then-existing standards under SEC rules for the conduct of a reasonable country of origin inquiry. In the event that Seller is or becomes aware that any conflict minerals that are necessary to the functionality or production of any Products originated from a "covered country" within the meaning of the SEC's conflict minerals rules and did not come from recycled or scrap sources, Seller shall make a good faith effort to determine whether such conflict minerals came from a processing facility certified as conflict free by a recognized industry group that requires an independent private sector audit of the smelter or from an individual processing facility that has obtained an independent private sector audit that is publicly available, and to provide written documentation of such determination. Seller shall also take such additional actions and provide such additional information requested by Buyer as may be necessary in order for Buyer to be or remain compliant with applicable laws, rules and regulations relating to conflict minerals.
10. INSPECTION. Buyer shall have the right to inspect and test the goods or services ordered at any time, including during the manufacture and construction, or preparation, notwithstanding any prior payment or inspection. Defective goods or services not in compliance with Buyer's drawings, specifications or standards may at any time be rejected even though such goods or services may have previously been inspected and accepted. Without limiting any rights it may have, Buyer at its sole option may require Seller, at Seller's expense to: (i) promptly repair or replace any or all rejected goods and/or services or (ii) refund the fees paid for any or all rejected goods and/or services. All such rejected goods will be held for Seller's prompt instruction and at Seller's risk. Rejected goods will be transported for return to Seller or destroyed at Seller's cost. Nothing contained herein shall relieve in any way Seller from the obligation of testing, inspection, and quality control. Payment for goods or services prior to inspection shall not constitute acceptance thereof and is without prejudice to any and all claims Buyer may have against Seller or any other party.
11. RIGHT TO COVER. If Seller repudiates this Purchase Order or fails to make delivery within the time specified herein, time being of the essence in connection with this Purchase Order (or, if no time of delivery has been specified, within a reasonable time after acceptance by Seller) or if Buyer rightfully rejects the goods or services or justifiably revokes acceptance thereof, then with respect to any and all goods or services involved, Buyer may pursue any remedy available including, without limitation, cancellation of this Purchase Order in whole or in part. In addition to recovering so much of the price as has been paid and irrespective of whether Buyer has cancelled this Purchase Order, Buyer may "cover" and have damages as to all goods and services affected whether or not they have been identified to this Purchase Order. Buyer may "cover" by making, in good faith and without unreasonable delay, any reasonable purchase of or contract to purchase goods or services in substitution for those due from Seller. Buyer shall recover from Seller as damages the difference between the cost of cover and the contract price together with any incidental or consequential damages.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Buyer's liability to pay any amount to Seller for any reason shall not exceed the amount Buyer has agreed to pay Seller for the goods or services. BUYER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO SELLER FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES OR COMMERCIAL LOSSES ARISING FROM THE PURCHASE OF GOODS AND/OR SERVICES REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION OR THE FORM OF THE CLAIM FOR DAMAGES, AND EVEN IF BUYER IS INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
13. MISCELLANEOUS. Seller shall not assign this Purchase Order or any rights, nor delegate any duties to any third party. Any attempt to do so will be void. This Purchase Order shall inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns. Each party is an independent contractor of the other party.
CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION. Buyer's confidential and proprietary information includes, without limitation, its business plans; business strategies; marketing plans; industry and competitive information; technology, product, and proposed product information; pricing and cost arrangements and agreements with Buyer, distributors, customers, suppliers, licensers, and licensees; information relating to its customer base; information concerning employees and financial information. All such confidential and proprietary information shall (a) remain the property of Buyer, (b) be carefully preserved and maintained by Seller at its expense, and (c) be promptly returned to Buyer or satisfactorily accounted for upon completion of this Purchase Order or upon Buyer's written demand.
14. FORCE MAJEURE. Failure of Buyer to take shipments of goods or receive services hereunder, if occasioned by fire, explosion, flood, war, accident, interruption of or delay in transportation, labor trouble, governmental regulation, pandemic, or any other circumstances of like or different character beyond Buyer's reasonable control, or if occasioned by partial or complete suspension of operations at any of Buyer's offices or other business locations, shall not subject Buyer to any liability to Seller by reason thereof, but, at Buyer's option, the total quantity covered by this Purchase Order may be reduced by the extent of omitted shipments or services, or the specified delivery period may be extended by a time equal to that during which shipments or services shall be so omitted and such shipments shall then be made or services performed during the period of extension.
If the Force Majeure is presented in Seller’s availability to fulfill requirements, Seller shall notify Buyer within three days of the occurrence of the Force Majeure Event, including description of the event and its expected duration. Seller shall use best efforts to end the failure or delay of its performance, ensure that the effects of any Force Majeure Event are minimized and resume performance under accompanying Purchase Order, provided, however, that Seller shall not be excused from performing obligations not impacted by Force Majeure Event. If the delay caused by a Force Majeure Event will extend for more than fifteen days, then Buyer has the right to terminate Purchase Order.
15. AFFIRMATIVE ACTION. Seller shall comply with applicable federal regulations on affirmative action implementing Executive Order 11246, as amended; Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended; and the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended. Buyer and Seller hereby incorporate the requirements of 41 C.F.R. R. §§60-1.4(a)(7), 60-250.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), if applicable.
16. WAIVER. A waiver of any term, condition or default of this Purchase Order shall not be construed as a waiver of any other term, condition, or default.
17. SEVERABILITY. If a provision of this Purchase Order is or becomes illegal, unenforceable, or invalid in any jurisdiction, it shall not affect (i) the enforceability or validity in that jurisdiction of any other provision of this Purchase Order, or (ii) the enforceability or validity in other jurisdictions of that or any other provision of this Purchase Order.
18. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. The Purchase Order represents the entire understanding between Buyer and Seller, shall supersede all prior understandings and agreements relating to the subject matter hereof, and may be amended only by written mutual agreement of the parties. In the event of a conflict between the terms and conditions of this Purchase Order and any amendment thereto, the Purchase Order shall govern and control. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the provisions of this Purchase Order will not supersede any provisions of any other previously written agreement(s) that are currently in effect between the parties that govern the provision of the goods or services that are the subject of this Purchase Order.
19. GOVERNING LAW. This Purchase Order shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Pennsylvania. All terms used in this Purchase Order, which are defined in the Uniform Commercial Code as adopted in the State of Pennsylvania, shall have the same meaning herein as such code.