KYDEX® 6185 is a proprietary thermoplastic sheet with improved heat distortion temperature (HDT) for higher in-service temperatures while providing excellent extensibility, good impact resistance and excellent solvent resistance.
KYDEX® 6185 meets FAR 25.853 (a) for use in aircraft interior parts. Maximum recommended service temperature is approximately 85 - 90°C (185 - 190°F) depending on thermoforming technique and application.
- Available in thicknesses from 1.00mm (0.040”) and up and in eight distinctive textures and custom colours
- Meets the requirements of the Federal Aviation Administration FAR 25.853 (a) in all thicknesses for vertical burn
- Heat distortion temperature (HDT) is 85°C (185°F) unannealed at 1.8 MPa (264 psi) and a high 90°C (195°F) after annealing
- Excellent forming properties, uniform wall thickness and crisp detail
- Easy machining and fabricating using conventional methods and equipment